Oram`s future hinges on meeting with NZ Cricket brass
Wellington: All-rounder Jacob Oram`s future could hinge on a meeting with the top brass of New Zealand Cricket.
Oram may know on Friday whether he features in New Zealand Cricket`s plans for the future.
The 1.98m all rounder has been back in Palmerston North for three weeks following his stint in the fourth installment of the IPL in India.
According to a website, with the New Zealand contract list of their top 20 players set to be announced on July 1, Oram has his meeting with the top brass in Christchurch on Friday, including new director of cricket John Buchanan, coach John Wright and interim selector Mark Greatbatch.
Following some handy performances at the World Cup in the sub-continent earlier this year, Oram said he was keen to play for at least another season if he was wanted.
"My body isn`t too bad and I still feel like I`ve got something to offer," Oram told a newspaper.
"Maybe more in terms of a mentoring-type role ... For this season at least. I``m not looking past this season."
Oram said if he was given the bad news that he was not required in the top 20 list, he would still pull on the Central Districts uniform this summer.
The next Black Caps assignment is not until October, with a scheduled tour of Zimbabwe and Oram said he will not get in to cricket-specific training until August, although fitness work is on the horizon for next month.