Orissa cricketers to have an exposure trip Down Under
Bhubaneswar: The Orissa Cricket Association has announced it would send a team of 21 players to Australia for an exposure trip.
"Cricket in Australia is in a very developed stage and its players are strong in every department of the game. A tour to Australia will certainly help our team to get an opportunity to develop their style and techniques to play positive cricket," OCA Secretary Asirbad Behera told reporters.
An estimated Rs 45 lakh will be required for the tour which would be borne by sponsors from the state and outside, Behera said.
Coach Michael Bevan has arranged for the tour.
All-rounder Biplab Samantaray, who led Orissa in the East Zone Twenty20 has been named skipper while Natraj Behera will be his deputy for the tour spanning Aug 19-Oct 10, OCA secretary, Behera said.
The side will play two ODI and four Twenty20 matches against New South Wales, besides taking on Queensland and Sydney University in two-day and three-day formats.
"As we all know that cricket in Australia is in a very developed stage and its players are strong in every department, the tour will give our players a fine opportunity.”
The tour will begin with a three-day match against Queensland from August 22-24 and conclude with a Twenty20 against New South Wales on September 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media