Orissa-Karnataka Ranji match heads for exciting finish
Bhubaneswar: Orissa produced a disciplined bowling effort to restrict Karnataka to 169 for six on the third day as their Ranji Trophy Elite Division match headed for an exciting finish, on Thursday.
Basant Mohanty scalped two wickets while Santosh Jena, Alok Mangaraj and Biplab Samantray bagged a wicket apiece as Karnataka ended the day on 169 for six in their second innings, a lead of 192 runs with four wickets in hand.
For Karnataka, who scored at 2.41 runs per over, Amit Verma was batting on 38 not out, the highest among the visiting batsmen, in company of Sunil Raju on 12 when stumps were drawn.
Captain Ganesh Satish contributed 33 while Robin Uthappa chipped in with 29 at the East Coast Railway Sports Association ground.
Earlier, resuming on 211 for seven, Orissa were all out for 255 as they batted for 17.5 overs in the morning for an addition of 44 runs.
Govind Podder (53) added 19 more runs to his overnight 34 and completed his half century before he was the eighth batsman out.
Pacer Stuart Binny added two more wickets on Thursday to end with figures of five for 51 while left-arm spinner K P Appanna claimed the third Orissa wicket to fall.
Karnataka: 278 and 169 for 6 in 70 overs (Amit Verma batting 38, Basant Mohanty 2/35)
Orissa: 1st Innings: 255 all out in 93.5 overs (Govind Podder 53; Stuart Binny 5/51).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog