Oval Test, Day 2: South Africa in a commanding position
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Dale Steyn took two quick wickets on the second morning of the first Test at The Oval between England and South Africa on Friday.
London: After losing opener Alviro Petersen for a duck, Hashim Amla (47*) and skipper Graeme Smith (37*) laid a solid second wicket partnership of 86 runs on the second day of the first cricket Test at The Oval on Friday.
South African seamers did well to restrict England for just 385 runs. At one stage, the hosts were struggling at 284/6 and it was a promising innings from Matt Prior (60 from 90) that helped them reach a respectable score.
Dale Steyn dismissed Cook (115) and further scalped Bopara for a duck. Morne Morkel was the pick of the bowlers as he dismissed four batsmen.
On Day 1, Alastair Cook hit his 20th Test century to steer England to 267-3 at stumps on the opening day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi