Oval Test, Day 2: South Africa in a commanding position
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Dale Steyn took two quick wickets on the second morning of the first Test at The Oval between England and South Africa on Friday.
London: After losing opener Alviro Petersen for a duck, Hashim Amla (47*) and skipper Graeme Smith (37*) laid a solid second wicket partnership of 86 runs on the second day of the first cricket Test at The Oval on Friday.
South African seamers did well to restrict England for just 385 runs. At one stage, the hosts were struggling at 284/6 and it was a promising innings from Matt Prior (60 from 90) that helped them reach a respectable score.
Dale Steyn dismissed Cook (115) and further scalped Bopara for a duck. Morne Morkel was the pick of the bowlers as he dismissed four batsmen.
On Day 1, Alastair Cook hit his 20th Test century to steer England to 267-3 at stumps on the opening day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar