Oval Test, Day 3: Amla, Smith punish England
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: England bowlers didn’t have much to celebrate on the third day of the Oval test as they were punished throughout the day by two of South Africa’s terrific batsmen.
Graeme Smith, made his 100th Test memorable by becoming the seventh batsman to score a ton in the 100th Test. He was dismissed by Bresnan for 131. Meanwhile Hashim Amla batted throughout the third day and finished on an unbeaten 183 at The Oval.
Smith and Amla added 259 runs for the second wicket after they had lost Alviro Petersen for a duck on the first day.
After Smith’s dismissal, Amla and Kallis (82*) have so far added unbeaten 143 runs for the third wicket as the visitors lead by 18 runs with 8 wickets in hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown