Oval Test, Day 3: Amla, Smith punish England
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: England bowlers didn’t have much to celebrate on the third day of the Oval test as they were punished throughout the day by two of South Africa’s terrific batsmen.
Graeme Smith, made his 100th Test memorable by becoming the seventh batsman to score a ton in the 100th Test. He was dismissed by Bresnan for 131. Meanwhile Hashim Amla batted throughout the third day and finished on an unbeaten 183 at The Oval.
Smith and Amla added 259 runs for the second wicket after they had lost Alviro Petersen for a duck on the first day.
After Smith’s dismissal, Amla and Kallis (82*) have so far added unbeaten 143 runs for the third wicket as the visitors lead by 18 runs with 8 wickets in hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand