Oz at risk of losing World No.1 ODI status after drawn series against Windies
St. Lucia (West Indies): Australia is at the risk of losing the World No.1 one-day ranking after the drawing the series against the West Indies.
The levelling of the series has cost Australia four ranking points to bring South Africa just five points behind in second place.
The series also proved costly for stand-in captain Shane Watson, who has lost his world No.1 all-rounder rank to Bangladesh player Shakib Al Hasan.
Watson had emerged as the top bowler after the triangular series in Australia earlier this month, a leading daily reports.
The West Indies, have, however, gained seven ranking points to join New Zealand on 86 points.
West Indies captain Darren Sammy has climbed 18 places to 16th position, Russell has gained 16 places to occupy 18th spot while Pollard has broken into the top 20 for the first time in 19th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda