Oz at risk of losing World No.1 ODI status after drawn series against Windies
St. Lucia (West Indies): Australia is at the risk of losing the World No.1 one-day ranking after the drawing the series against the West Indies.
The levelling of the series has cost Australia four ranking points to bring South Africa just five points behind in second place.
The series also proved costly for stand-in captain Shane Watson, who has lost his world No.1 all-rounder rank to Bangladesh player Shakib Al Hasan.
Watson had emerged as the top bowler after the triangular series in Australia earlier this month, a leading daily reports.
The West Indies, have, however, gained seven ranking points to join New Zealand on 86 points.
West Indies captain Darren Sammy has climbed 18 places to 16th position, Russell has gained 16 places to occupy 18th spot while Pollard has broken into the top 20 for the first time in 19th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened