Oz at risk of losing World No.1 ODI status after drawn series against Windies
St. Lucia (West Indies): Australia is at the risk of losing the World No.1 one-day ranking after the drawing the series against the West Indies.
The levelling of the series has cost Australia four ranking points to bring South Africa just five points behind in second place.
The series also proved costly for stand-in captain Shane Watson, who has lost his world No.1 all-rounder rank to Bangladesh player Shakib Al Hasan.
Watson had emerged as the top bowler after the triangular series in Australia earlier this month, a leading daily reports.
The West Indies, have, however, gained seven ranking points to join New Zealand on 86 points.
West Indies captain Darren Sammy has climbed 18 places to 16th position, Russell has gained 16 places to occupy 18th spot while Pollard has broken into the top 20 for the first time in 19th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note