Oz captain Clarke hoping to improve on top Test score of 329
Sydney: Having won the Allan Border Medal for Best Cricketer of the Year, Australia`s cricket captain Michael Clarke is now hoping to surpass his top score of 329.
Clarke said on Tuesday that the 329 against India had allowed him to tick off a big career goal.
He said he had set himself three major goals - to ensure his fitness was at a very high level, to start well as Test captain and score a Test double-century.
He believed he had achieved all three.
"I as fit as I`ve ever been in my career. I think my captaincy`s started pretty well because I had the experience under Ricky Ponting as vice-captain," Clarke told reporters.
"And my goals personally, to score my highest Test score was one of those goals.
"I hadn`t scored a double hundred for Australia yet and that was something I wanted to achieve this summer," Clarke said.
But Clarke said he still had plenty to achieve on both a personal and team level and still believed he could improve as a batsman.
He also said there were some major challenges coming up for Australia as they sought to again become cricket`s dominant side, notably playing India in India, South Africa at home and England both home and away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000