Oz captain Clarke hoping to improve on top Test score of 329
Sydney: Having won the Allan Border Medal for Best Cricketer of the Year, Australia`s cricket captain Michael Clarke is now hoping to surpass his top score of 329.
Clarke said on Tuesday that the 329 against India had allowed him to tick off a big career goal.
He said he had set himself three major goals - to ensure his fitness was at a very high level, to start well as Test captain and score a Test double-century.
He believed he had achieved all three.
"I as fit as I`ve ever been in my career. I think my captaincy`s started pretty well because I had the experience under Ricky Ponting as vice-captain," Clarke told reporters.
"And my goals personally, to score my highest Test score was one of those goals.
"I hadn`t scored a double hundred for Australia yet and that was something I wanted to achieve this summer," Clarke said.
But Clarke said he still had plenty to achieve on both a personal and team level and still believed he could improve as a batsman.
He also said there were some major challenges coming up for Australia as they sought to again become cricket`s dominant side, notably playing India in India, South Africa at home and England both home and away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?