Oz coach Arthur cagey over Wade versus Haddin debate
Dominica (West Indies): Australia coach Mickey Arthur has refused to pick any one from Mathew Wade or Brad Haddin as his choice for Australia’s number one wicket keeper.
Captain Michael Clarke has already given his unwavering support to veteran Haddin, but Arthur believes there is still time to chose between both of them.
“Wadey stood up brilliantly and I`m just so happy because it`s creating depth for us in so many positions. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge before our next Test match against South Africa at the Gabba. That situation will unfold,” the Fox Sports quoted Arthur, as saying.
“Wadey will be in England with us in the one-day squad. He`ll be in Sri Lanka against Pakistan with us and he`ll be in the Twenty20 World Cup,” he added.
“So he`s going to have ample opportunity to really shine and really show us what he`s got and I think Hadds will probably have two Shield games before we have to go out and pick the team for that first Test. For us to comment now is probably too early. I just think that will all unfold in the wash,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months