Oz coach Arthur cagey over Wade versus Haddin debate
Dominica (West Indies): Australia coach Mickey Arthur has refused to pick any one from Mathew Wade or Brad Haddin as his choice for Australia’s number one wicket keeper.
Captain Michael Clarke has already given his unwavering support to veteran Haddin, but Arthur believes there is still time to chose between both of them.
“Wadey stood up brilliantly and I`m just so happy because it`s creating depth for us in so many positions. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge before our next Test match against South Africa at the Gabba. That situation will unfold,” the Fox Sports quoted Arthur, as saying.
“Wadey will be in England with us in the one-day squad. He`ll be in Sri Lanka against Pakistan with us and he`ll be in the Twenty20 World Cup,” he added.
“So he`s going to have ample opportunity to really shine and really show us what he`s got and I think Hadds will probably have two Shield games before we have to go out and pick the team for that first Test. For us to comment now is probably too early. I just think that will all unfold in the wash,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools