Oz drop Forrest for St. Vincent ODI
Melbourne: Australian batsman Peter Forrest has been dropped for the third one-dayer against the West Indies in St. Vincent.
Forrest, who made a duck in the five-wicket defeat to the Windies in the second ODI, has been replaced by spinner Nathan Lyon, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Lyon, who made his one-day international debut in the third final of the tri-series against Sri Lanka in Adelaide, will join Xavier Doherty for a dual spin attack.
Forrest has struggled for form, scoring above 20 once in the past five innings for Australia.
His axing implies that a reshuffle of Australia``s batting order for today’s game is likely, with Matthew Wade likely to open the innings with David Warner, while captain Shane Watson will play at No.3.
Veteran batsman Michael Hussey said today’s game would be crucial, with Australia desperate to take a 2-1 series lead.
"Just to not think too much about it and get back out there is a good thing. Obviously we``d prefer to be two to the good but it``s one-all and it``s really a pivotal match in the series,” Hussey said.
Australia: Shane Watson (capt), David Warner, Matthew Wade, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Dan Christian, Brett Lee, Clint McKay, Nathan Lyon, Xavier Doherty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal