Oz legend Ponting to lead Prime Minister`s XI against Windies
Sydney: Retired Australian legend Ricky Ponting will lead the Prime Minister`s XI during its one-day clash against West Indies later this month. Ponting will captain the side at Manuka Oval in Canberra on January 29, while former Test keeper Brad Haddin will be the vice-captain, News.com.au reports.
Minister for Sport Kate Lundy disclosed the full team line-up on Friday on behalf of the Prime Minister Julia Gillard. Senator Lundy said the Prime Minister’s team boasts of an impressive array of abilities with the side featuring a great combination of new talent and experience, adding she was sure the players will bowl us away in this high profile fixture."
The 12-man squad for the 2013 Prime Minister’s XI: Ricky Ponting (Captain), Brad Haddin (VC), Fawad Ahmed, Jono Dean, Alex Doolan, James Faulkner, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Kane Richardson, Gurinder Sandhu, Ashton Turner, Nick Winter (12th man)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania