Oz may stick with Siddle, Hilfenhaus and Pattinson for Gabba Test
Sydney: Australia bowling coach Allister de Winter has said the tested trio of Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and James Pattinson are the three fast bowlers likely to be selected for the first Test match against South Africa in Gabba, Brisbane, starting November 9.
Australia’s bowlers are in rude health heading into the summer with the likes of Mitchell Starc, Patrick Cummins and Josh Hazlewood all possibilities to fight for a fourth spot if an all-out pace attack is preferred in any of the three matches.
“I think based on performance Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Pattinson are probably the leading candidates to be selected and that’s just a common sense approach given that they did so well last summer and in the West Indies,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted de Winter, as saying.
De Winter also said he had met out of favour Mitchell Johnston in Johannesburg and the left-armer remained in the mix for Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand