Oz may stick with Siddle, Hilfenhaus and Pattinson for Gabba Test
Sydney: Australia bowling coach Allister de Winter has said the tested trio of Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and James Pattinson are the three fast bowlers likely to be selected for the first Test match against South Africa in Gabba, Brisbane, starting November 9.
Australia’s bowlers are in rude health heading into the summer with the likes of Mitchell Starc, Patrick Cummins and Josh Hazlewood all possibilities to fight for a fourth spot if an all-out pace attack is preferred in any of the three matches.
“I think based on performance Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Pattinson are probably the leading candidates to be selected and that’s just a common sense approach given that they did so well last summer and in the West Indies,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted de Winter, as saying.
De Winter also said he had met out of favour Mitchell Johnston in Johannesburg and the left-armer remained in the mix for Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued