Oz may stick with Siddle, Hilfenhaus and Pattinson for Gabba Test
Sydney: Australia bowling coach Allister de Winter has said the tested trio of Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and James Pattinson are the three fast bowlers likely to be selected for the first Test match against South Africa in Gabba, Brisbane, starting November 9.
Australia’s bowlers are in rude health heading into the summer with the likes of Mitchell Starc, Patrick Cummins and Josh Hazlewood all possibilities to fight for a fourth spot if an all-out pace attack is preferred in any of the three matches.
“I think based on performance Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Pattinson are probably the leading candidates to be selected and that’s just a common sense approach given that they did so well last summer and in the West Indies,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted de Winter, as saying.
De Winter also said he had met out of favour Mitchell Johnston in Johannesburg and the left-armer remained in the mix for Test cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred