Oz pace sensation Cummins admits body not capable to play five-Test series
Sydney: Young Australian pace sensation Pat Cummins has his sights set on a return to Test cricket in time for next year`s Ashes, but conceded his body can’t handle the rigors of a five-Test series.
Cummins, who has been dogged by injury since making his Test debut against South Africa at the Wanderers 13 months ago, is at least six weeks away from returning to action.
While the golden child of Australian cricket is sure to be selected in the touring squad if fit, he believes his body would not hold up through a demanding bid to win back the Ashes.
“Probably not, to be honest,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Cummins, as saying.
“I`d love to play one more Test, but certainly for me, ``Patto`` [James Pattinson] and ``Starky`` [Mitchell Starc] … even ``Sidds`` [Peter Siddle] … have struggled to get through five on the trot,” he added.
“I`d love to in the future but my first aim would be to be available for selection on [the tour of India, beginning in February],” he said.
Cummins felt he needed six months of bowling before the first Test at Trent Bridge on July 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi