Oz pace sensation Cummins admits body not capable to play five-Test series
Sydney: Young Australian pace sensation Pat Cummins has his sights set on a return to Test cricket in time for next year`s Ashes, but conceded his body can’t handle the rigors of a five-Test series.
Cummins, who has been dogged by injury since making his Test debut against South Africa at the Wanderers 13 months ago, is at least six weeks away from returning to action.
While the golden child of Australian cricket is sure to be selected in the touring squad if fit, he believes his body would not hold up through a demanding bid to win back the Ashes.
“Probably not, to be honest,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Cummins, as saying.
“I`d love to play one more Test, but certainly for me, ``Patto`` [James Pattinson] and ``Starky`` [Mitchell Starc] … even ``Sidds`` [Peter Siddle] … have struggled to get through five on the trot,” he added.
“I`d love to in the future but my first aim would be to be available for selection on [the tour of India, beginning in February],” he said.
Cummins felt he needed six months of bowling before the first Test at Trent Bridge on July 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...