Oz selectors leave Hussey out of ODI squad but recalls Haddin
Sydney: Australian selectors have left out veteran Michael Hussey from the one-day squad while recalling another senior player, Brad Haddin for the fifty over series against Sri Lanka.
With Michael Clarke, Dave Warner and Matthew Wade resting the 13-man squad has is almost unrecognisable from the Test team, News.com.au reports.
Just three players who are in the side for third Test against Sri Lanka in Sydney remain in the one-day squad, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson and Mitchell Starc.
Australia`s Twenty20 captain George Bailey is skipper for the first two games against Sri Lanka in Melbourne on Friday and Adelaide next Sunday.
Chairman of selectors John Inverarity said wicketkeeper Haddin remained the preferred choice after Matthew Wade but made it clear the selectors were looking towards the 2015 World Cup.
Stuart Law has decided not to take up the fulltime position of Australia`s batting coach so Dean Jones has been appointed on an interim basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter