Oz selectors leave Hussey out of ODI squad but recalls Haddin
Sydney: Australian selectors have left out veteran Michael Hussey from the one-day squad while recalling another senior player, Brad Haddin for the fifty over series against Sri Lanka.
With Michael Clarke, Dave Warner and Matthew Wade resting the 13-man squad has is almost unrecognisable from the Test team, News.com.au reports.
Just three players who are in the side for third Test against Sri Lanka in Sydney remain in the one-day squad, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson and Mitchell Starc.
Australia`s Twenty20 captain George Bailey is skipper for the first two games against Sri Lanka in Melbourne on Friday and Adelaide next Sunday.
Chairman of selectors John Inverarity said wicketkeeper Haddin remained the preferred choice after Matthew Wade but made it clear the selectors were looking towards the 2015 World Cup.
Stuart Law has decided not to take up the fulltime position of Australia`s batting coach so Dean Jones has been appointed on an interim basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security