Oz team keen on hiring batting coach prior to India tour
Sydney: The Australian cricket team is looking for a new batting coach before their Indian tour starting next month.
Former Australian cricketer Dean Jones is working with the team on an interim basis for the first two One Day International’s (ODI) against Sri Lanka, which is starting this week.
However, coach Mickey Arthur said that the cricketing great isn’t on trial and several others were likely to help out with the batting during the ODIs and T20s against Sri Lanka and the West Indies.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur said it was important a permanent batting coach was employed by the time the team leaves for India in early February.
Australia knew they were losing one of their most valuable assets when batting mentor Justin Langer left to take up the coaching role at Western Australia.
But the loss of the former Test opener has been compounded by the retirements of Ricky Ponting and Mike Hussey.
The batting line-up heading to India and the Ashes is almost entirely undecided as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM