Paceman Bird called into Oz squad for SCG ODI
Sydney: Fast bowler Jackson Bird has been called into the Australian one-day squad for the fourth match against Sri Lanka at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Bird made an eye-catching start to his Test career this summer and is now in line to make his ODI debut in the fourth match of the five-game series against Sri Lanka, the Age reports.
The visitors have humiliated Australia in the past two matches to lead the series 2-1. Sydney-born Bird took seven wickets and was man-of-the-match in the third Test at the SCG against Sri Lanka earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16