Paceman Bird called into Oz squad for SCG ODI
Sydney: Fast bowler Jackson Bird has been called into the Australian one-day squad for the fourth match against Sri Lanka at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Bird made an eye-catching start to his Test career this summer and is now in line to make his ODI debut in the fourth match of the five-game series against Sri Lanka, the Age reports.
The visitors have humiliated Australia in the past two matches to lead the series 2-1. Sydney-born Bird took seven wickets and was man-of-the-match in the third Test at the SCG against Sri Lanka earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi