Paceman Harris returns to Australia
Melbourne: Paceman Ryan Harris will return home from the tour of South Africa with a hip injury, Cricket Australia said on Thusday.
Harris failed to prove his fitness ahead of Thursday`s second Test against the Proteas in Johannesburg.
"Ryan Harris had some right hip pain after the first Test in Cape Town," Australian physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said in a statement.
"He was still experiencing pain bowling during the team training session on Wednesday and was ruled out of the second Test.”
"He has had a number of investigations since arriving in Johannesburg that have at this stage excluded serious injury, however he will need to return to Australia for further assessment and to commence his recovery."
Cricket Australia said spinner Michael Beer will also return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune