Paceman Harris returns to Australia
Melbourne: Paceman Ryan Harris will return home from the tour of South Africa with a hip injury, Cricket Australia said on Thusday.
Harris failed to prove his fitness ahead of Thursday`s second Test against the Proteas in Johannesburg.
"Ryan Harris had some right hip pain after the first Test in Cape Town," Australian physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said in a statement.
"He was still experiencing pain bowling during the team training session on Wednesday and was ruled out of the second Test.”
"He has had a number of investigations since arriving in Johannesburg that have at this stage excluded serious injury, however he will need to return to Australia for further assessment and to commence his recovery."
Cricket Australia said spinner Michael Beer will also return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are your hands and feet always cold? Know what's the reason!
- Facebook most preferred among US citizens to get news
- HILARIOUS: Read why Parthiv Patel referred to Yuvraj Singh as 'Chachaji'!
- India Inc shows growth spreading by end of Modi's sophomore year
- Indian companies to pay $4,000 more for H-1B visa fee