Paceman Harris returns to Australia
Melbourne: Paceman Ryan Harris will return home from the tour of South Africa with a hip injury, Cricket Australia said on Thusday.
Harris failed to prove his fitness ahead of Thursday`s second Test against the Proteas in Johannesburg.
"Ryan Harris had some right hip pain after the first Test in Cape Town," Australian physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said in a statement.
"He was still experiencing pain bowling during the team training session on Wednesday and was ruled out of the second Test.”
"He has had a number of investigations since arriving in Johannesburg that have at this stage excluded serious injury, however he will need to return to Australia for further assessment and to commence his recovery."
Cricket Australia said spinner Michael Beer will also return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH