Pak-Aus ODI series may be held in UAE
Lahore: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided in principle to conduct the upcoming ODI series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates, immediately after Eid which will be celebrated around August 22.
Intikhab Alam, PCB Director (Operation International cricket), said he would soon visit UAE to finalise the venues.
Alam was of the view that the series should be converted into a Twenty20 series of five or seven matches.
"It won`t be a bad idea and we will be speaking to ICC about this," he told reporters.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf had suggested that India could also host the series before he left for Chennai to witness the IPL final on the invitation of the BCCI.
But a senior PCB official said that discussions with the BCCI officials mostly revolved around the participation of a team from Pakistan in the Champions League, the appearance of Pakistani players in the next IPL and restoration of bilateral cricket ties between the two countries.
"The Indians have a busy schedule so the chances of Pakistan and Australia playing in India were not discussed," he said.
The official also exuded confidence that in the coming weeks, especially at the ICC meeting in Kuala Lumpur next month, some progress would be made in restoration of bilateral ties between the two countries.
"It would be premature to say anything at this stage but we are expecting some positive results and the Indian board has taken the right decision of taking it one step at a time," he said.
Zaka Ashraf on his return home told the media that he had had positive discussions with the Indians and they were also now preparing for a bilateral series whenever the busy schedule of both teams allowed this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview