Pak batsman Azhar Ali keen to play in all three cricket formats
Karachi: Pakistan’s batsman Azhar Ali has reaffirmed his desire to represent his country in all three formats of cricket.
"If given a chance I will definitely try to perform well in the twenty over and fifty over formats too", a website quoted Ali, as saying.
Ali admitted that the match conditions in the United Arab Emirates would be beneficial to Pakistan in the upcoming series.
"We have a slight edge over England when it comes to the conditions, but the England team is also preparing very hard for the series and will be very well prepared too when the matches begin," Ali said.
Ali has so far featured regularly in Tests as a batsman at the number 3 spot, and scored 12 half centuries and one century at an average of 42.
"I bat in accordance with my own style, I don`t try to do things at the crease that are not my strengths, but the importance of my batting at the number three position adds more responsibility to my role,” Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing