Pak blind team captain Zeeshan`s father accuses India for phenyl accident
Islamabad: Pakistan`s blind cricket team captain, Zeeshan Abbasi`s father Iftikhar Abbasi has accused the Indian government for ``punishing`` his son and has demanded an inquiry into the incident. Iftikhar, who was outraged at the incident which almost cost his son`s life, said that providing security to the touring Pakistani team was the responsibility of the Indian government.
"They (the government and hotel management) were supposed to look after the food the team is given as they are visually impaired and cannot see what they are eating," he said. Skipper Zeeshan was rushed to a hospital in Banglore on Saturday after he drank a mild form of acid from a bottle which was supposed to contain water. But he was swiftly treated and released from the hospital the same day. Iftikhar criticised the government and the cricket board for not informing him about the incident officially.
"I heard about it on the news and immediately called Zeeshan," he said, adding that the incident was not a conspiracy against his son but against the nation`s hero. Iftikhar demanded that an inquiry be held into the incident and those responsible be punished. He also stressed on the need for strict security arrangements for the blind team in future.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview