Pak court dismisses Rashid Latif`s petition seeking new PCB board, constitution
Karachi: A Pakistani court has reportedly dismissed the petition of former captain Rashid Latif seeking court directions for the formation of a new cricket board and a fresh constitution.
The Sindh High Court observed that the petitioner had mainly challenged the constitution of 2007, on the grounds that the same was against the spirit of Ordinance 1962 and against the fundamental rights provided in chapter two of the Constitution of Pakistan, 1973.
According to the Express Tribune, the court ruled that as during it has come on record during proceedings that such a constitution is no more in field, thus the instant petition being `infructuous` has been dismissed.
The report mentioned that Latif has claimed that the impugned Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB) constitution gave unfettered powers to the president of Pakistan - being its patron - to appoint the chairman, who otherwise ought to be appointed by way of elections.
In his plea, he had submitted that appointment of the chairman ought to be through elections amongst the representatives of cricket associations or members of the region in order to ensure complete transparency and it will promote cricket in the country, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'