Pak cricketers likely to get pay hikes in new central contract
Karachi: Pakistani cricketers are expected to get handsome pay hikes in their new central contracts, a Pakistan Cricket Board official said.
The official, who declined to be named, told PTI that under the new payment formula, prepared by the financial experts of the board, the players who get category A central contracts will be paid a monthly salary of Rs 500,000 while those in B category will get around Rs 375,000.
The salaries are paid besides the match and tour fees given to players. "But while the board will raise the monthly salaries in all categories of the contracts some clauses relating to bonus payments are going to be abolished from the contracts," the official said.
The PCB official said presently players in the A category get Rs 360,000, those in category B are paid Rs 250,000 and the ones in category C are given around Rs 144,000.
"They will get substantial increases in their monthly salaries and also a percentage increase in their match fees but the financial experts have proposed abolishing the bonus payment system for victories or individual performances like hundreds, five wickets or catches."
Till recently players were awarded special bonuses for wins and top individual performances.
According to sources, the PCB has delayed announcing the central contracted players this year due to the uncertainty in the board leadership and also because of the proposed changes in the payments system.
Another official said the new contracts would be named as soon as the national team returns from Bangladesh and those would be for six month period until June.
"But from July onwards they will get one year contracts under the new terms."
PCB Chairman, Najam Sethi said: "We have talked to the players and when they return home this matter will be finalized. But I am hopeful everything will be worked out amicably," he said.
Last year, there was some dispute between the board and senior players who wanted a bigger pay raise and other benefits given to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'