Pak debutant Jamshed has ``all the shots`` in the book, says Misbah
Karachi: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has described Nasir Jamshed, who will play his Test debut against South Africa on Friday, as a prodigious talent who "has all the shots" in the book. Due to an injury to regular opener Taufiq Umar, Jamshed will start at the top of the order against South Africa.
Umar sustained a stress fracture of the shin at practice last week and has been ruled out of the series. Misbah said 23-year-old Jamshed is a "really gifted player" and has been performing well in the ODIs against very good attacks from Australia and India. He has all the shots in the book, he can be aggressive and be more watchful, Misbah added. Jamshed hit 68 and 51 in opening the innings in Pakistan`s only warm-up match against a South African Invitational XI in East London, which finished on Monday.
Jamshed was the standout batsman for Pakistan on their recent one-day international tour of India, hitting centuries in consecutive matches in Chennai and Kolkata. In five matches against Pakistan`s neighbours, he averaged 135. Jamshed will not have played on anything like the Wanderers wicket before, but Misbah is confident the batsman will cope.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place