Pak hopeful of ‘twice postponed’ World XI cricket tour finally materializing this year
Islamabad: Sindh Sports Minister and prominent cricket organiser Mohammad Ali Shah is confident that the proposed tour by a World XI team to Pakistan would finally materialize this year after it got postponed twice earlier.
The matches between a World XI team and Pakistan XI in Karachi had to be delayed twice in May and August, but Shah, who has a hand in planning these matches, said that the tour was confirmed with arrangements on track.
“The team will arrive on October 18. The matches will be played on October 20 and 21 at the National Stadium in Karachi,” the Express Tribune quoted Shah, as saying.
Shah added arrangements were on to hold the matches in befitting manner and a high-level security meeting was to be held at the Governor House in Karachi on Wednesday.
Former Sri Lanka captain Sanath Jayasuriya will lead the touring side, which mainly consists of West Indies and South African cricketers.
The team also includes Justin Kemp, Charl Langeveldt, Andre Nel, and Neil McKenzie.
Meanwhile, according to Shah, the Pakistan Star XI will be captained by Shahid Afridi and will also include former captain Younus Khan, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Nasir Jamshed Abdul Razzaq and Sarfraz Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers