Pak in command at Chittagong against Bangladesh
Chittagong: Opener Mohammad Hafeez smashed an aggressive 143 and Younis Khan was unbeaten on 96 as Pakistan strolled to 415-4 on the second day of the first Test against Bangladesh on Saturday.
Pakistan has a commanding lead of 280 runs after resuming on the overnight score of 132-0.
Asad Shafiq was alongside Younis on an unbeaten 40 at stumps.
After being dismissed for 135 before tea on the first day, Bangladesh toiled in the field, with Elias Sunny`s 2-81 the best of the bowling figures.
Hafeez started the second day on 74 and hit 14 boundaries in his 237-ball knock. His onslaught was only ended by a contentious umpiring decision.
The opener got an inside edge off Sunny before the ball clipped his back leg, but umpire Billy Doctrove gave the lbw decision to leave Pakistan on 265-3.
Younis`s 96 came off 155 balls that included 10 boundaries and one six. The hosts had a chance to remove him on 15 but Sunny dropped the catch at deep square-leg off Shahadat Hossain, who attacked with the new ball.
Skipper Misbah-ul-Haq (20) was also dropped on 5 when he edged Rubel Hossain but Shahriar Nafees at second slip failed to catch it.
Sunny later trapped Misbah lbw, the only wicket to fall in the final session.
Like Hafeez, Azhar Ali (26) was also dismissed after lunch when he edged a Shahadat Hossain delivery to Mushfiqur Rahim.
Taufeeq Umar (61) was out in the first session when he was trapped lbw by Mahmudullah.
Pakistan is in the midst of an unbeaten streak stretching back to the one-day series against Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates last month. It swept the one-day series against Bangladesh 3-0 and came out on top in the one-off Twenty20 match.
Bangladesh has won just three of its 71 Test matches since gaining Test status in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!