Pak national cricket selector injured in attack
Karachi: Pakistan`s national cricket selector Asif Baloch has been left critically injured after being attacked by armed men in the troubled province of Baluchistan.
Baloch, a co-opted member of the national selection committee for the last few years who hails from Baluchistan, was attacked and shot several times by gunmen while on duty in the Panjgor area of the province on Wednesday.
"His condition is not stable as yet and he was flown to Karachi and admitted to the Intensive care unit of a private hospital," a relative said.
Baloch has toured with the Pakistan team as manager and is a senior official in Pakistan Customs.
"He could have been the victim of smugglers as he supervised checkposts in the area," a provincial official said.
Asif, a former first-class cricketer, has remained associated with Pakistan cricket in different capacities.
His brother, Tariq, is also a member of the Pakistan Cricket Board`s governing council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre