Pak pacer Junaid ready for South Africa challenge
Karachi: Pakistan’s newest pace sensation, Junaid Khan, who made a big impact on teammates, opponents and experts with his stunning performances in India, is now solely focused on the bigger challenge that awaits in South Africa.
Junaid, 23, who hails from Swabi, said he will keep things simple and give his 100 percent every time he gets a chance to bowl, reports The Dawn.
Junaid said he worked hard at the training camp, and with the help of the video analyst, keenly observed the strengths and weaknesses of the South Africans. Pakistan will play three Test matches followed by two T20Is and five ODIs against the host team on the five-week long tour to South Africa.
The tour will commence with the first Test match in Johannesburg from February 1st. Junaid also recalled his outright triumph against Indian batsman Virat Kohli on the recent India tour, describing it as a joint effort with his team analyst.
Junaid has claimed 27 wickets in eight Test matches for Pakistan since his debut in 2011. In 16 ODIs and three T20I he has 25 and two wickets respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire