Pak pacers can upset Indian batsmen: Misbah, Hafeez
Karachi: Pakistan`s one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq and Twenty20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez believe that the pace bowlers picked for the much-anticipated series in India have the ability to rattle the strong batting line-up of the hosts.
"I believe that the pacers selected in the squads have the potential to upset the Indians in their own backyard," Hafeez said.
He said tall left-arm pacer Mohammad Irfan would be used as a "surprise package" in the Twenty20 series.
"For the pace bowlers, it is a great opportunity to shine and establish themselves in the team because a series against India is always followed very closely by everyone," Misbah added.
Hafeez will lead Pakistan in the two T20 matches while Misbah will be captaining the one-day squad for the three matches in India.
The two squads feature several pace bowlers including Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Irfan, Anwar Ali, Asad Ali and Sohail Tanvir.
Four of the bowlers are left-arm pacers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video