Pak pacers can upset Indian batsmen: Misbah, Hafeez
Karachi: Pakistan`s one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq and Twenty20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez believe that the pace bowlers picked for the much-anticipated series in India have the ability to rattle the strong batting line-up of the hosts.
"I believe that the pacers selected in the squads have the potential to upset the Indians in their own backyard," Hafeez said.
He said tall left-arm pacer Mohammad Irfan would be used as a "surprise package" in the Twenty20 series.
"For the pace bowlers, it is a great opportunity to shine and establish themselves in the team because a series against India is always followed very closely by everyone," Misbah added.
Hafeez will lead Pakistan in the two T20 matches while Misbah will be captaining the one-day squad for the three matches in India.
The two squads feature several pace bowlers including Umar Gul, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Irfan, Anwar Ali, Asad Ali and Sohail Tanvir.
Four of the bowlers are left-arm pacers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?