Pak`s fast bowlers are key to winning the World Cup: Imran Khan
Karachi, Jan 26: Former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan has said that if Pakistani fast bowlers continued their present performance (against South Africa) till the World Cup, the team could overcome Australia in the upcoming coveted tournament and win the Cup.
Imran, who led Pakistan to their sole World Cup triumph in 1992, said Pakistan would be the main hurdle for the Aussies as they contain world`s best pacers.
Praising the fast bowlers, Imran said that Pakistan had the best bowling attack in the world as well as the best attack the country ever had saying that the bowlers will play a key role for the country in the World Cup starting from March in the West Indies, reported The News.
Commenting on Pakistan`s recent Test victory at the Port Elizabeth against South Africa, Imran said fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar fabricated the win by taking four early wickets that restricted South Africa to only 124 in their first innings.
Besides, the middle-order also did a commendable job to help the team win, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best