Pak`s fast bowlers are key to winning the World Cup: Imran Khan
Karachi, Jan 26: Former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan has said that if Pakistani fast bowlers continued their present performance (against South Africa) till the World Cup, the team could overcome Australia in the upcoming coveted tournament and win the Cup.
Imran, who led Pakistan to their sole World Cup triumph in 1992, said Pakistan would be the main hurdle for the Aussies as they contain world`s best pacers.
Praising the fast bowlers, Imran said that Pakistan had the best bowling attack in the world as well as the best attack the country ever had saying that the bowlers will play a key role for the country in the World Cup starting from March in the West Indies, reported The News.
Commenting on Pakistan`s recent Test victory at the Port Elizabeth against South Africa, Imran said fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar fabricated the win by taking four early wickets that restricted South Africa to only 124 in their first innings.
Besides, the middle-order also did a commendable job to help the team win, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing