Pak`s fast bowlers are key to winning the World Cup: Imran Khan
Karachi, Jan 26: Former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan has said that if Pakistani fast bowlers continued their present performance (against South Africa) till the World Cup, the team could overcome Australia in the upcoming coveted tournament and win the Cup.
Imran, who led Pakistan to their sole World Cup triumph in 1992, said Pakistan would be the main hurdle for the Aussies as they contain world`s best pacers.
Praising the fast bowlers, Imran said that Pakistan had the best bowling attack in the world as well as the best attack the country ever had saying that the bowlers will play a key role for the country in the World Cup starting from March in the West Indies, reported The News.
Commenting on Pakistan`s recent Test victory at the Port Elizabeth against South Africa, Imran said fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar fabricated the win by taking four early wickets that restricted South Africa to only 124 in their first innings.
Besides, the middle-order also did a commendable job to help the team win, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH