Pak selectors to name Champions Trophy probables on Friday
Lahore: Pakistan`s national selection committee will meet here on Friday to name the probables for the ICC Champions Trophy to be held in England in June.
"The chief selector, Iqbal Qasim, has been told by the Pakistan Cricket Board to hold a meeting of its selection committee to name the probables for the Champions Trophy. The participating nations will have to submit a preliminary list of 30 players by April 4 and then the final squad of 15 by May 4," a source said.
The selectors will also examine the reasons behind Pakistan`s disappointing tour of South Africa, where they lost both the Test and ODI series.
"The meeting which is to be held on Friday could also see serious discussions on the future of some senior players," the source added.
"The selectors are ready to make wholesome changes for the Champions Trophy but some players Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi and Umar Gul are likely to be retained for the tournament," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success