Pak selectors to name Champions Trophy probables on Friday
Lahore: Pakistan`s national selection committee will meet here on Friday to name the probables for the ICC Champions Trophy to be held in England in June.
"The chief selector, Iqbal Qasim, has been told by the Pakistan Cricket Board to hold a meeting of its selection committee to name the probables for the Champions Trophy. The participating nations will have to submit a preliminary list of 30 players by April 4 and then the final squad of 15 by May 4," a source said.
The selectors will also examine the reasons behind Pakistan`s disappointing tour of South Africa, where they lost both the Test and ODI series.
"The meeting which is to be held on Friday could also see serious discussions on the future of some senior players," the source added.
"The selectors are ready to make wholesome changes for the Champions Trophy but some players Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi and Umar Gul are likely to be retained for the tournament," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets