Pak squad for India tour to be picked after national T20 meet
Karachi: Pakistan`s chief selector, Iqbal Qasim has made it clear that no player, including seniors like Shahid Afridi, were automatic selections for the coming tour to India.
"We will be looking at performances of players in the ongoing Presidents Trophy and the national T20 event that will be held next month. We will select the squad for the Indian tour after the national T20 tournament," he said today.
The former Test spinner confirmed that there were plans to have a 10-day conditioning camp for the tours to India and South Africa.
"Shahid Afridi and other players are not automatic choices for the One-day series in India and we are expecting him to perform well and hit form in the domestic T20 event," Qasim said.
He pointed out that the tours were very important for the team and the selectors would take their time in finalising the squads.
"There is no hurry and we want to have a close look at the players before finalising anything," he said.
The chief selector noted that the full Test series in South Africa immediately after the tour to India was going to be a big challenge for the national team.
He didn`t rule out the possibility of the selectors having a look at experienced Test batsman, Mohammad Yousuf for the tour.
"We might decide to make use of Yousuf`s experience and we are hoping he will perform in domestic cricket," he said.
Yousuf has been striving to get special permission from the cricket board to represent Port Qasim team in the ongoing Presidents Trophy first-class tournament in a bid to prove his form and fitness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?