Pak team for Zimbabwe tour to have short camp ahead of Ramzan
Lahore: The Pakistan cricket team for next month’s tour of Zimbabwe will undergo a short conditioning camp ahead of the holy month of Ramzan.
“Since Ramzan starts from around August 2 and the team has to leave for Harare around the 24th, it has been decided to have a three-four days conditioning camp before the team’s departure,” a daily quoted a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official, as saying.
The official said that the schedule of the camp would be finalized after coach Waqar Younis comes back from Australia on Monday.
In Waqar’s absence, the PCB has been organizing fast-track camps at the National Cricket Academy.
“The fast-track camps will continue till July end so that there is no purpose having a full-fledged camp before the Zimbabwe tour,” the official said.
Pakistan will play one Test, three ODIs and a T20 match during their three-week Zimbabwe tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice