Pak team for Zimbabwe tour to have short camp ahead of Ramzan
Lahore: The Pakistan cricket team for next month’s tour of Zimbabwe will undergo a short conditioning camp ahead of the holy month of Ramzan.
“Since Ramzan starts from around August 2 and the team has to leave for Harare around the 24th, it has been decided to have a three-four days conditioning camp before the team’s departure,” a daily quoted a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official, as saying.
The official said that the schedule of the camp would be finalized after coach Waqar Younis comes back from Australia on Monday.
In Waqar’s absence, the PCB has been organizing fast-track camps at the National Cricket Academy.
“The fast-track camps will continue till July end so that there is no purpose having a full-fledged camp before the Zimbabwe tour,” the official said.
Pakistan will play one Test, three ODIs and a T20 match during their three-week Zimbabwe tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends