Pak umpire Ghauri suspended from first-class matches over ''match-fixing'' scandal
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has barred umpire Nadeem Ghauri from officiating in first-class matches following the recent sting operation carried out by an Indian television channel that eventually led to the suspension of all six umpires featuring in the video clip.
The PCB stated that the way Ghauri was seen talking in the video raises doubts, and added that Ghauri will only be allowed to return to duty once he comes out clean after the investigation is completed.
"The board has always maintained a strong stance against its employees who are involved or named in suspicious activities and thus Ghauri has been suspended. His actions were certainly questionable and we`ve sought evidence against him to put this matter to bed," The Express Tribune quoted a PCB official, as saying.
Ghauri was given four matches to officiate in the President`s Trophy but he has only supervised in one. However, the official added that Ghauri`s dues would be cleared.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know