Pak umpire Ghauri suspended from first-class matches over ''match-fixing'' scandal
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has barred umpire Nadeem Ghauri from officiating in first-class matches following the recent sting operation carried out by an Indian television channel that eventually led to the suspension of all six umpires featuring in the video clip.
The PCB stated that the way Ghauri was seen talking in the video raises doubts, and added that Ghauri will only be allowed to return to duty once he comes out clean after the investigation is completed.
"The board has always maintained a strong stance against its employees who are involved or named in suspicious activities and thus Ghauri has been suspended. His actions were certainly questionable and we`ve sought evidence against him to put this matter to bed," The Express Tribune quoted a PCB official, as saying.
Ghauri was given four matches to officiate in the President`s Trophy but he has only supervised in one. However, the official added that Ghauri`s dues would be cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'