Pak Under-19 cricket team lifts tri-nation tournament trophy
Karachi: The Pakistan Under-19 cricket team has reportedly lifted the tri-nation tournament trophy with a comprehensive 192-run win over England Under-19s in the final at Trent Bridge, helped by a century from opener Sami Aslam and an keen spell of 4 for 25 from left-arm spinner Zafar Gohar.
According to The Nation, Aslam, the Man of the Match, struck 10 fours during his 121-ball 110, and put up a mammoth 163 runs for the third wicket with Shayan Jahangir, who scored 85 off 70 balls.
The report further said that although a 42-run stand between Ryan Higgins and Will Rhodes sought to restore the chase for England, Gohar managed to wrest the advantage back by sneaking through Rhodes` defences and then claiming the wickets of Lewis McManus and Miles Hammond in the 26th over.
Hussain Talat, with 3 for 18, was an able deputy, polishing off the lower order as he and Gohar set up a comfortable win that gave Pakistan the trophy, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report