Pak Under-19 cricket team lifts tri-nation tournament trophy
Karachi: The Pakistan Under-19 cricket team has reportedly lifted the tri-nation tournament trophy with a comprehensive 192-run win over England Under-19s in the final at Trent Bridge, helped by a century from opener Sami Aslam and an keen spell of 4 for 25 from left-arm spinner Zafar Gohar.
According to The Nation, Aslam, the Man of the Match, struck 10 fours during his 121-ball 110, and put up a mammoth 163 runs for the third wicket with Shayan Jahangir, who scored 85 off 70 balls.
The report further said that although a 42-run stand between Ryan Higgins and Will Rhodes sought to restore the chase for England, Gohar managed to wrest the advantage back by sneaking through Rhodes` defences and then claiming the wickets of Lewis McManus and Miles Hammond in the 26th over.
Hussain Talat, with 3 for 18, was an able deputy, polishing off the lower order as he and Gohar set up a comfortable win that gave Pakistan the trophy, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks