Pak women’s team to skip World Cup: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Pakistani women’s cricket team will not be coming to India to participate in the Women’s World Cup beginning January 31.
According to reports in the DNA, this decision is a fallout of the exchange of fire in the LOC between the two countries. The nine Pakistani players who were set to take part in the Hockey India League will also return home.
Earlier, World Cup matches scheduled to be held in Brabourne stadium in Mumbai had been shifted to Ahmedabad due to concerns regarding security of the Pakistani players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know