Pakistan allrounder Bilawal Bhatti gets UAE visa
Karachi: The ordeal of Pakistan`s young all-rounder, Bilawal Bhatti ended in Dubai thursday night when he finally got his visa to enter the United Arab Emirates and join the national team for the series against Sri Lanka.
Bhatti, who left with the Pakistan team for Dubai early this morning, was denied entry into the UAE by immigration authorities as he did not have a valid arrival visa.
The youngster spent the whole day at a hotel in the airport before the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) finally managed to secure a urgent visa for him.
Earlier in the day, Bhatti was denied entry into the UAE when he landed at the airport with the team.
The PCB had explained that Bhatti was stopped at the airport because he had travelled on an expired visa.
"He travelled on a expired visa which he had earlier used to go to Dubai while returning from South Africa," an official had said.
Bhatti made his debut for Pakistan in the recent series against South Africa leaving an impact with his bowling and batting.
Pakistan is due to play a one-off T20 international against Afghanistan on Sunday in Sharjah before it hosts Sri Lanka on a 10-match tour from next Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?