Pakistan allrounder Bilawal Bhatti gets UAE visa
Karachi: The ordeal of Pakistan`s young all-rounder, Bilawal Bhatti ended in Dubai thursday night when he finally got his visa to enter the United Arab Emirates and join the national team for the series against Sri Lanka.
Bhatti, who left with the Pakistan team for Dubai early this morning, was denied entry into the UAE by immigration authorities as he did not have a valid arrival visa.
The youngster spent the whole day at a hotel in the airport before the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) finally managed to secure a urgent visa for him.
Earlier in the day, Bhatti was denied entry into the UAE when he landed at the airport with the team.
The PCB had explained that Bhatti was stopped at the airport because he had travelled on an expired visa.
"He travelled on a expired visa which he had earlier used to go to Dubai while returning from South Africa," an official had said.
Bhatti made his debut for Pakistan in the recent series against South Africa leaving an impact with his bowling and batting.
Pakistan is due to play a one-off T20 international against Afghanistan on Sunday in Sharjah before it hosts Sri Lanka on a 10-match tour from next Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- US Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal drawn for potential semi-final clash
- Long traffic jams may increase risk of cancer!
- Fighters and residents leave besieged Damascus suburb Daraya