Pakistan allrounder Bilawal Bhatti gets UAE visa
Karachi: The ordeal of Pakistan`s young all-rounder, Bilawal Bhatti ended in Dubai thursday night when he finally got his visa to enter the United Arab Emirates and join the national team for the series against Sri Lanka.
Bhatti, who left with the Pakistan team for Dubai early this morning, was denied entry into the UAE by immigration authorities as he did not have a valid arrival visa.
The youngster spent the whole day at a hotel in the airport before the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) finally managed to secure a urgent visa for him.
Earlier in the day, Bhatti was denied entry into the UAE when he landed at the airport with the team.
The PCB had explained that Bhatti was stopped at the airport because he had travelled on an expired visa.
"He travelled on a expired visa which he had earlier used to go to Dubai while returning from South Africa," an official had said.
Bhatti made his debut for Pakistan in the recent series against South Africa leaving an impact with his bowling and batting.
Pakistan is due to play a one-off T20 international against Afghanistan on Sunday in Sharjah before it hosts Sri Lanka on a 10-match tour from next Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city