Pakistan announces cricket schedule against South Africa
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Tuesday announced the schedule of its home series against South Africa to be held in October-November this year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Pakistan will play two Tests, five One-day Internationals (ODI) and two Twenty20 matches against South Africa from Oct 14 to Nov 15.
South Africa will play a practice match from Oct 8-10 before the first Test starting Oct 14 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi. After first Test, both teams will travel to Dubai for their second Test.
They will play two ODI matches in Sharjah, two in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai from Oct 30 to Nov 11 before playing the two T20 games in Dubai Nov 13-15.
Pakistan was supposed to play these matches at home but due to security threats, no foreign team is willing to visit Pakistan. All international cricket matches remained suspended since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in March 2009.
After the incident, that left eight people dead and many others injured, Pakistan`s national cricket team has been forced to play its home series on neutral venues in other countries like Sri Lanka, England and the UAE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000