Pakistan announces cricket schedule against South Africa
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Tuesday announced the schedule of its home series against South Africa to be held in October-November this year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Pakistan will play two Tests, five One-day Internationals (ODI) and two Twenty20 matches against South Africa from Oct 14 to Nov 15.
South Africa will play a practice match from Oct 8-10 before the first Test starting Oct 14 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi. After first Test, both teams will travel to Dubai for their second Test.
They will play two ODI matches in Sharjah, two in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai from Oct 30 to Nov 11 before playing the two T20 games in Dubai Nov 13-15.
Pakistan was supposed to play these matches at home but due to security threats, no foreign team is willing to visit Pakistan. All international cricket matches remained suspended since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in March 2009.
After the incident, that left eight people dead and many others injured, Pakistan`s national cricket team has been forced to play its home series on neutral venues in other countries like Sri Lanka, England and the UAE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!