Pakistan announces cricket schedule against South Africa
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Tuesday announced the schedule of its home series against South Africa to be held in October-November this year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Pakistan will play two Tests, five One-day Internationals (ODI) and two Twenty20 matches against South Africa from Oct 14 to Nov 15.
South Africa will play a practice match from Oct 8-10 before the first Test starting Oct 14 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi. After first Test, both teams will travel to Dubai for their second Test.
They will play two ODI matches in Sharjah, two in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai from Oct 30 to Nov 11 before playing the two T20 games in Dubai Nov 13-15.
Pakistan was supposed to play these matches at home but due to security threats, no foreign team is willing to visit Pakistan. All international cricket matches remained suspended since the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in March 2009.
After the incident, that left eight people dead and many others injured, Pakistan`s national cricket team has been forced to play its home series on neutral venues in other countries like Sri Lanka, England and the UAE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement