Pakistan captain Sana Mir appreciates India`s hospitality
Karachi: PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf might have blamed uncertain security situation in India for the national women`s team flop show in the World Cup but captain Sana Mir returned home all praise for the hospitality showered on the team by the hosts.
The Pakistan team finished last in the eight-team event and had to remain confined to the Barabati stadium complex because of security fears but Sana did not make an issue of the fact.
"We were well taken care off in the stadium and the hospitality shown by the Indian people was touching. That is why I hope relations between the two countries only improve," Sana told reporters after returning home today.
"I think there is a need for more normal relations and more matches between Pakistan and India," she added.
Ashraf had said after a meeting with interior minister, Rehman Malik in Islamabad on Friday that the performance of the team was affected by security situation.
The PCB chief also said that players were overwhelmed by fears as no hotel was willing to give them security.
Sana said the team`s poor performance was due to strong competition and batting failure.
"But we did well in patches, for the first time we were able to bowl Australia out in a match," she said.
Rehman Malik was also quoted as saying that he would raise the issue of not giving proper security to the Pakistan team with the Indian government.
"Not giving security to our women’s team is a concern and I will raise this issue with the Indian government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city