Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June
Islamabad: The Pakistan national cricket team is set to play 10 matches against Sri Lanka in a seven-week-long tour which is to start June 1.
An official from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) told Xinhua Monday that the Pakistan squad would start its tour June 1 by playing the first Twenty20 (T20) match against hosts Sri Lanka at the Mahinda Rajapakse International Stadium in Hambantota.
The second and last T20 match will also be held at the same venue before the teams leave for Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy for the first two One-day International matches (ODIs) of a five-match series.
The Premadasa International Cricket Stadium in Colombo will host the remaining matches of the ODI series.
Later on, Pakistan will play a three-match Test series against the home side at Galle International Cricket Stadium June 22, Sinhalese Sports Club, Colombo June 30 and Pallekele July 8.
Pakistan last toured Sri Lanka in 2009 when they lost the Test series to the hosts 0-2. Pakistan will go into the series high in confidence after their 1-0 victory in a three-Test match series against the Lankans in the United Arab Emirates (neutral venue) in October 2011.
Since 1982, both teams have played 40 Tests out of which Pakistan won 16 and lost nine while 15 were drawn.
PCB has not announced the squad for the tour but, according to officials, the squad might be finalized during the second week of May after the fitness and performance tests of the players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight