Pakistan cricket team’s masseur sacked over sex scandal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The masseur of the Pakistan cricket team was sent back to Pakistan from the just concluded ICC Champions Trophy due to accusations of sexual harassment of a female worker at the London hotel, where the players were staying during the tournament.
Details reveal that the excuse made for sending the masseur, Malang Ali, back was that his wife fell ill in Pakistan.
A complaint was lodged by one of the female workers at the London hotel after being sexually harassed by the masseur of the Pakistan cricket team. The hotel management informed the Pakistani team officials about the same.
Sources specify about an inquiry that was arranged confirming the actuality of the accusations. As a result, immediate provisions were made to send Malang Ali back to Pakistan in order to avoid any legal actions against him that would further spoil the image of the Pakistan cricket team.
A source mentioned that Malang was probed after returning to his hometown and was fired from the job.
Malang Ali was transferred from the board after going through a series of inquires, stated the PCB`s media manager Nadeem Sarwar.
Surprisingly, approximately five years back, the same official was accused of theft during the ICC Youth World Cup. However, Malang was restored back to the team after a small period of suspension due to his friendly relations with the team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers