Pakistan cricket team’s masseur sacked over sex scandal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The masseur of the Pakistan cricket team was sent back to Pakistan from the just concluded ICC Champions Trophy due to accusations of sexual harassment of a female worker at the London hotel, where the players were staying during the tournament.
Details reveal that the excuse made for sending the masseur, Malang Ali, back was that his wife fell ill in Pakistan.
A complaint was lodged by one of the female workers at the London hotel after being sexually harassed by the masseur of the Pakistan cricket team. The hotel management informed the Pakistani team officials about the same.
Sources specify about an inquiry that was arranged confirming the actuality of the accusations. As a result, immediate provisions were made to send Malang Ali back to Pakistan in order to avoid any legal actions against him that would further spoil the image of the Pakistan cricket team.
A source mentioned that Malang was probed after returning to his hometown and was fired from the job.
Malang Ali was transferred from the board after going through a series of inquires, stated the PCB`s media manager Nadeem Sarwar.
Surprisingly, approximately five years back, the same official was accused of theft during the ICC Youth World Cup. However, Malang was restored back to the team after a small period of suspension due to his friendly relations with the team members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi