Pakistan cricketers to get pay hike in new contracts
Lahore: Pakistani cricketers, who will get central contracts later this month, can expect a pay hike of between 15 to 25 per cent, an official of the Cricket Board (OCB) said on Wednesday.
The official said that a recommendation of raising the monthly retainer fees and match fees by 10 to 25 per cent had been approved.
"The list of players who will get the central contracts and retainers should be announced by end of the week before the team leaves for the Sri Lanka tour," he said.
Sources in the board disclosed that the head of game development in the board, Intikhab Alam, chief selector, Iqbal Qasim, domestic cricket operations manager, Zakir Khan were on the committee that was given the task of reviewing the clauses of the central contract and recommending pay hikes and list of players to be awarded the contracts and retainers.
"Around 30 to 32 players will be given the central contracts and retainers," one source said.
The central contracts of Pakistani cricketers have expired in December 31 last year but due to various reasons the PCB has been unable to issue fresh contracts.
But the official said that the players would be given contacts dating back to January 1 this year.
The pay hike means that members of the national team can look forward to a substantial raise in their match fees for Tests, ODIs and T20 matches which have remained unchanged for last three to four years.
"The pay hike will also be added to the monthly retainers which at present are in the range of 250,000 rupees, 175,000 and 125,000," the source said.
The highest Test or ODI match fee paid to the players in the top slab range from 300,000 to 350,000 rupees.
Seniors like Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik, who didn`t have central contracts in the second half of last year, are expected to be given new contracts but allrounder Abdul Razzaq and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal might miss out again.
The source said the new contracts would be announced during a dinner to be hosted for the Sri Lanka bound team on May 26 in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22