Pakistan focusing on batting in training camp ahead of Champions Trophy
Islamabad: Pakistan squad selected for the next month`s ICC Champions Trophy has spent the second day of their conditioning camp in Abbottabad focusing on batting under the guidance of former player Javed Miandad.
Miandad was accompanied by pace legend Wasim Akram , who gave tips to the bowlers to improve their performances, while regular coaches Dav Whatmore and Mohammad Akram took a backseat.
Citing good batting as the key to win in the eight-nation tournament, Akram said that although the team has `bright` chances in succeeding in the Champions Trophy, he added that the batsmen needed to contribute regularly and score runs for that to happen.
According to Akram, the bowlers can only follow up if the batsmen give a good show, adding that the bowlers have always been the team`s strength.
Akram further said that even though the team is preparing well, it is still to be seen how they execute their plans there in the matches, although he added that Pakistan is always a favourite for such tournaments and can win if they plan properly.
Skipper Misbah-ul-Haq, Nasir Jamshed and Umar Amin were batched together for a batting session with Miandad.
Asad Shafiq, who scored four consecutive half-centuries recently in the President`s cup one day tournament, had an extended batting session for two hours to prepare himself to shoulder extra responsibility in the Pakistan middle order in the absence of Younis Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad