Pakistan hoping to face `arch rivals` India in at least six series
Karachi: Pakistan is reportedly hopeful of playing against India in at least six series as part of a deal, which was apparently struck at the recently concluded International Cricket Council (ICC) Board Meeting.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Najam Sethi reportedly revealed that his nation would earn 300 million-dollars during eight years of series, including archrivals India, after agreeing to the restoration of the game`s governing body.
According to the Dawn, earlier Pakistan had opposed the changes to ICC, but after a meeting last week, PCB revealed that it would support the reforms conditionally, which according to Sethi would bring major benefits to cash-strapped Pakistan.
PCB is now reportedly waiting for BCCI`s final confirmation following its Working Committee meeting, which will be held at the end of this month.
Media reports have unveiled that BCCI could look to slot in as many as six series against Pakistan, due to the gaps that are available in the existing FTP calendar, with the first of the bilateral serious hopefully to take place in the UAE in the winter of 2015.
Since the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai , India has not played a full series with Pakistan, although Pakistan did face India in a short limited over series in December 2012 but a full tour has yet to be finalised, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof