Pakistan may cut Saeed Ajmal`s English county stint
Lahore: Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal`s stint with English county Worcestershire may be set for a shorter duration to compensate for his country`s hastily-arranged Test and one-day series against Sri Lanka.
"We are still discussing how much time he (Ajmal) can be away as we now have a scheduled series in Sri Lanka," Pakistan Cricket Board chief operating officer Subhan Ahmed told AFP.
PCB finalised a two-Test and three one-day match series in Sri Lanka, which is likely to interrupt Ajmal`s stint with Worcestershire for whom he also played in 2011.
The series was only finalised on the sidelines of an International Cricket Council meeting in Dubai last week.
The 36-year-old spinner was due to arrive in the UK for Worcestershire`s first championship game on Sunday, but the county said they were still waiting.
"It`s hugely disappointing," Worcestershire chief executive David Leatherdale was quoted as saying by BBC.
"You have to get the PCB no objection certificate (NOC) before he is physically available to play."
"You are probably only talking about a few days, but we are in the hands of the PCB, who control his commitments. It`s disappointing not to have him here when we had originally hoped."
Worcestershire have also signed New Zealand paceman Mitchell McClenaghan who was due to replace Ajmal for a six-week period in July and August, when the spinner was due to feature in the Caribbean Premier League.
But Ajmal will now tour Sri Lanka with Pakistan team in that period, making him doubtful for the Caribbean tournament as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!