Pakistan name ODI and T20 squads for SA tour
Karachi: Pakistani selectors avoided pressing the panic button while announcing a 17-member squad today for the ODI and Twenty20 series in South Africa with Misbah-ul-Haq being retained as captain of the one-day side.
Only wicketkeeper Sarfaraz Ahmed and left-arm pacer Wahab Riaz were left out from squad that lost both the ODI and T20 series to South Africa in the UAE recently.
Tall left-arm pacer Muhammad Irfan will miss the tour to SA because of a groin injury.
The selectors have retained senior players Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq and Shoaib Malik in the squad despite unimpressive performances in the recent series in the UAE.
They have added only one new face in pacer Bilawal Bhatti to the touring squad while recalling young all-rounder Anwar Ali.
Speculations were rife about Misbah`s captaincy future after Pakistan were drubbed 1-4 in the UAE and also lost a Test to the Proteas.
Misbah`s misfortunes have continued since the tour to Zimbabwe where Pakistan lost a one-dayer and a Test to lead to calls from former players and critics to replace him as captain.
Pakistan Cricket Board said the ODI and T20 teams would be selected from the 17-member squad.
Pakistan Squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (ODI captain), Muhammad Hafeez (T20 captain), Ahmed Shahzad, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Sohaib Maqsood, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Junaid Khan, Anwar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti, Abdul Rehman, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks