Pakistan name ODI and T20 squads for SA tour
Karachi: Pakistani selectors avoided pressing the panic button while announcing a 17-member squad today for the ODI and Twenty20 series in South Africa with Misbah-ul-Haq being retained as captain of the one-day side.
Only wicketkeeper Sarfaraz Ahmed and left-arm pacer Wahab Riaz were left out from squad that lost both the ODI and T20 series to South Africa in the UAE recently.
Tall left-arm pacer Muhammad Irfan will miss the tour to SA because of a groin injury.
The selectors have retained senior players Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq and Shoaib Malik in the squad despite unimpressive performances in the recent series in the UAE.
They have added only one new face in pacer Bilawal Bhatti to the touring squad while recalling young all-rounder Anwar Ali.
Speculations were rife about Misbah`s captaincy future after Pakistan were drubbed 1-4 in the UAE and also lost a Test to the Proteas.
Misbah`s misfortunes have continued since the tour to Zimbabwe where Pakistan lost a one-dayer and a Test to lead to calls from former players and critics to replace him as captain.
Pakistan Cricket Board said the ODI and T20 teams would be selected from the 17-member squad.
Pakistan Squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (ODI captain), Muhammad Hafeez (T20 captain), Ahmed Shahzad, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Sohaib Maqsood, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Junaid Khan, Anwar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti, Abdul Rehman, Asad Shafiq, Saeed Ajmal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'