Pakistan players might play in IPL soon: Rajiv Shukla
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Karachi: Pakistan players, currently snubbed by the Indian Premier League, received fresh hopes from new commissioner Rajiv Shukla with him saying there is a possibility of Pakistan players returning to the cash-rich Twenty20 extravaganza in 2012.
“Pakistan players are not banned to play the IPL,” Shukla told reporters. “We have been hiring the services of Pakistan umpires and referees and there is a possibility of their players returning to the IPL. We are keeping our options open.”
Rajiv Shukla, who took over the IPL top post recently, said the issue of recruiting Pakistan players will be discussed in future meetings. “We will consider Pakistan cricketers for the 2012 IPL in our body’s meetings that are held regularly.”
Several Pakistan players, who played in the inaugural edition, were later snubbed in the aftermaths of Mumbai attack in 2008.
Several Pakistan players, including former skipper Shahid Afridi, expressed their desire to be part of the tournament.
Meanwhile, a Pakistan Cricket Board official termed this as a ‘positive gesture’ and said their players’ future depends upon the revival of bilateral series between the two countries.
“It’s a positive gesture,” said an official. “If there’s a development on the bilateral series’ front then the IPL and the Champions League become secondary matters.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers