Pakistan PM hopeful ahead of cricket series against India
Karachi: Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf is hopeful that the resumption of bilateral cricket ties with India will also lead to an increase in people to people contact.
The Pakistani premier made these observations when the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Zaka Ashraf called on him in Islamabad yesterday to brief him about the upcoming tour to India and cricket matters.
"The Prime Minister praised the PCB chairman for his efforts in the resumption of bilateral cricket ties with India," an official in the board said.
"He is also confident that when Pakistan tours India it will also lead to better understanding and increased contacts between the people of both countries," he said.
Pakistan are due to tour India from December 22 to play two T20 matches and three ODIs, the first bilateral series between the two nations since 2007.
The media also reported that Raja Pervez Ashraf had made it clear to the PCB chief to make no compromises on discipline.
"The PM said that the board should follow a strict policy of merit only when selecting teams as the most deserving and best players could represent the country."
The PM also directed the PCB that in matters of discipline and code of conduct it should make no compromises regardless of the player involved.
In Pakistan the President of the country is also the chief patron of the board and directly appoints the chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!