Pakistan recall injured Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik from SA tour
Dhaka: Pakistan Tuesday withdrew all-rounders Shoaib Malik and Abdul Razzaq from their limited-overs tour of South Africa after both suffered injuries.
The injuries are a blow to the visitors, who play the first of two Twenty20 internationals in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
The second T20 will be in Cape Town on Friday.
Pakistan will also play three one-day internationals on November 24, 27 and 30.
The Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed both players were returning home immediately.
"The decision was taken by the tour selection committee after consultation with the team`s doctor and a South African doctor," it said in a statement.
Razzaq, 33, suffered a severe hamstring injury while training on Sunday, while 31-year-old Malik was said to have exacerbated a hand injury.
The tour selection committee has not asked for replacements, the board said.
Malik injured his hand during the second Twenty20 in Dubai last Friday, in which Pakistan were defeated by six runs to lose the two-match series 2-0.
Malik managed to score 15 and 12 in the two matches in Dubai while Razzaq managed ten and 0.
One-day skipper Misbah-ul Haq and Asad Shafiq will join the squad later Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani