Pakistan recall injured Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik from SA tour
Dhaka: Pakistan Tuesday withdrew all-rounders Shoaib Malik and Abdul Razzaq from their limited-overs tour of South Africa after both suffered injuries.
The injuries are a blow to the visitors, who play the first of two Twenty20 internationals in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
The second T20 will be in Cape Town on Friday.
Pakistan will also play three one-day internationals on November 24, 27 and 30.
The Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed both players were returning home immediately.
"The decision was taken by the tour selection committee after consultation with the team`s doctor and a South African doctor," it said in a statement.
Razzaq, 33, suffered a severe hamstring injury while training on Sunday, while 31-year-old Malik was said to have exacerbated a hand injury.
The tour selection committee has not asked for replacements, the board said.
Malik injured his hand during the second Twenty20 in Dubai last Friday, in which Pakistan were defeated by six runs to lose the two-match series 2-0.
Malik managed to score 15 and 12 in the two matches in Dubai while Razzaq managed ten and 0.
One-day skipper Misbah-ul Haq and Asad Shafiq will join the squad later Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed