Pakistan`s Imran Khan to leave hospital tomorrow
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan is recovering speedily after fracturing his spine in a freak accident at an election campaign meeting and is expected to leave hospital tomorrow, party officials said today.
Doctors at Shaukat Khanam Hospital here said the cricketer-turned-politician was fitted with a specially designed brace or spinal support this morning and he walked unaided for over 300 metres.
The brace allowed Khan to stand upright and unsupported for the first time since his accident two weeks ago.
He was pain-free while walking with the aid of the brace, the doctors said.
The hospital`s administration said Khan is expected to be discharged tomorrow afternoon though he would continue to receive regular physiotherapy.
Khan would have to wear the brace for four to six weeks, doctors said.
The 60-year-old was ordered by doctors to remain immobile after he fractured several vertebrae and a rib when he fall from a fork lift that was raising him to a stage at an election rally days before the May 11 polls.
The general election was won by the PML-N led by former premier Nawaz Sharif while Khan’s party finished in third place in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament.
The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf is also set to form government in the militancy-hit Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
President Asif Ali Zardari telephoned Khan this afternoon and inquired about his health. Zardari also prayed for Khan`s early recovery, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
The President felicitated Khan for the confidence reposed in him by voters, particularly in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Babar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'