Pakistan`s South Africa tour starts Jan 25
Islamabad: Pakistan will travel to South Africa for a series comprising three Tests, five ODI`s and two Twenty20s later this month.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced Wednesday that the two-month long tour will start Jan 25 with a four-day match against South African Invitation XI at Buffalo Park and will conclude March 24 with the fifth and final ODI match at Willowmoore Park, Benoni, reports Xinhua.
The teams for the series will be picked after the end of the tour to India for a brief limited over series. PCB is yet to announce the date for the team`s departure for the South Africa tour.
The Pakistan cricket team is currently in India after a gap of five years for a bilateral series comprising of five limited over matches against the hosts.
According to statistics, South Africa has a upper hand over Pakistan with more victories. Pakistan and South Africa have played 18 Test matches so far. Pakistan won only three and lost eight of them while seven matches went drawn.
The teams also encountered 57 times in ODI format cricket and Pakistan was successful in only 18 outings while Proteas remained victorious in 38 while there was no result in one match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie