Pakistan spin out Bangladesh for 3-0 win
Chittagong: Pakistan`s spinners revelled in helpful conditions to crush Bangladesh by 58 runs in the third and final one-day international today to win the series 3-0.
The tourists, bowled out for a modest 177, hit back to dismiss Bangladesh for 119 on a wicket that turned and bounced at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury stadium in the port city of Chittagong.
Shoaib Malik marked his 200th one-day appearance with three wickets for six runs in four overs and fellow off-spinner Mohammad Hafeez picked up three for 27 as the Tigers were shot out in 38 overs.
It was Pakistan`s 28th win in 29 one-dayers against Bangladesh, boosting the confidence of Misbah-ul-Haq`s men ahead of the two-Test series starting on Friday.
The match was interrupted for 20 minutes in the second session when the floodlights went off, plunging the entire stadium into total darkness.
Bangladesh were sailing smoothly at 69-1 in the 20th over when five wickets crashed for 14 runs to allow Pakistan to bounce back in the match.
"This was a really tough game," said a relieved Misbah. "But when there is self-belief you manage to get through.”
"Our bowlers did wonderfully well but we need to improve our batting. Bangladesh had lost only one wicket when the lights went out and we were feeling a little low.”
"But our coaches (Mohsin Khan and Ijaz Ahmed) assured us the game was not over and one more wicket would bring us back. That is what happened."
Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim blamed his team`s batting for the series whitewash.
"Our bowlers did well all through the series, but our batsmen let us down," he said. "Hopefully we will overcome this loss and perform better in the Test matches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report